Sunday, February 11, 2007

Proenza Schouler for Target debut @ Opening Ceremony


Feb 2: also marks the day of the Proenza Schouler for Target debut at Opening Ceremony, Soho NY. I got there early in anticipation of a huge queue (I was prepared to stand in 18F degree weather for an hour), and what I found was hordes of camera crew eager to take pictures of hungry shoppers. Women, braving Artic cold weather, tried on the separates from the bright resort collection, which featured nautical stripe tissue tees and palm prints cardis and dresses.

A girl came running in screaming "OHMIGOD!! I can't believe I overslept for this!!!" Her friend quickly came to the rescue with a bottle of water and valium. "I need more than one valium for this," she said.

Photo credit: WWD.com

1 comment:

Scott said...

Valium? What are we in the 1950's? So cliché, so dramatic, so out of date.